ASEM Technology ---Visualizing electricity and magnetism with ultrasound---Introduction
Because of its non-invasiveness and convenience, ultrasonic measurement is used in a wide range of fields, from medica diagnosis to infrastructure maintenance inspections.
While conventional ultrasonic echo inspection examines internal structures and foreign objects, we have developed a unique technique
to image the electromagnetic properties of objects using ultrasound,
which we named the Acoustically Stimulated ElectroMagnetic (ASEM) method.
The ASEM method, developed through basic research at TUAT (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology), is a measurement technique that observes electric or magnetic polarization caused by ultrasound pressure. From the transmitter's point of view, the method is an ultrasonic measurement, but from the receiver's point of view, it is a radio wave measurement using an antenna.
The ASEM method provides "degradation information on biological tissues and industrial materials" that cannot be obtained with conventional diagnostic techniques such as echo, CT, and MRI.
We would like to provide a measurement platform based on the ASEM method to contribute to medical and healthcare services and non-destructive testing in industrial fields.
We invite you to try a completely new use for ultrasound.
- 2024/2Paper accepted
- Anisotropic properties of acoustically induced electric polarization in soft fibrous biological tissues" Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., in press.
Our paper on anisotropy of acoustically induced polarization in tendon, muscle, and aortic wall has been accepted. This result is an important property that will be used as an indicator of crystallinity of fibrous tissue.
- 2024/1/29Fund Procurement
- Raised 100 million yen through a third-party allotment of new shares to Mirai Souzou No.2 Fund (managed by Innovations and Future Creation Inc.(MIRAI SOUZOU)) and TUAT No.1 Fund (managed by BP Capital Co., Ltd.).
- 2023/12International Conference
- Invited talk on the ASEM method at Acoustics2023 (Sydney).
- 2023/11/14TOP100 STARTUPS
- Selected as one of the "ILS TOP 100 STARTUPS" as the top 100 most popular companies from major companies at #ILS2023, one of the largest open innovation events in Asia, which started on December 4.
- ASEMtech, Inc. was established to implement the ASEM method in society.
- The ASEM method was introduced in the morning edition of the Nihon Keizai Shimbun (9/13) "University UPDATE: The Frontlines of Knowledge! (Sep. 9)"
- "Attempt toward measurements of acoustically stimulated electromagnetic response using ultrasonic array probe" received the Encouragement Award at The Japan Society of Ultrasonics in Medicine.